We are looking for an Assistant Investment Consultant who has a real desire to develop and expand their knowledge to work towards becoming a client-facing Investment Consultant. You must have experience as an Assistant Investment Consultant in an employee benefits consulting firm or very similar directly relevant role.
This role requires you to study or to be already studying for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams or actuarial (IFoA) exams or recently qualified. You'll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly.
Main duties and responsibilities
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Working in client teams to produce strategic advice.
• Potentially starting to lead client teams, or moving into this role rapidly.
• Setting up asset liability models to help clients better understand risk.
• Producing clear written advice to help clients quickly identify and understand the key issues.
• Preparing monitoring reports to help clients understand what is driving performance.
• Attending client meetings to help deliver advice and understand the importance of effective communication.
• Researching investment ideas across the full range of asset classes.
• Researching fund managers.
• Supporting asset transitions across managers and funds.
• Contributing to the continuous debate about how the company do an even better job for their clients (e.g. new investment ideas or ways to communicate investment concepts).
For a full Job Profile about this role, to apply, or for a formal/informal discussion please contact me.