Working closely with the Head of Pensions Payroll at this large and very well-regarded Consultancy you will act as prime day-to-day contact for a given portfolio of payroll clients to ensure provision of a high quality payroll service to both beneficiaries and Trustees.
You will be involved in a wide range of pensioner payroll and management tasks. As Deputy Team Leader you will support the Head of Pensions Payroll in ensuring the payroll service delivery in terms of quality, profit and sustainability, as well as assisting in the day-to-day management of the designated team. Key responsibilities will include:
• Monthly updating and processing of pensioner payrolls.
• Handling pensioner queries, getting involved in more complex queries from other payroll administrators as required.
• Assisting pension scheme auditors, arranging audit visits and liaising between the client and auditor as required.
• Preparing and transmission of Year-end HMRC returns.
• Implementation of new payrolls.
• Attending and actively contributing ideas to Deputy Team Leader meetings. Deputising at team leader meetings when necessary.
• Significant previous payroll experience which involves the running of payrolls on a computerised system, balancing month-end and year-end returns.
• Experience of Northgate Arinso payroll software.
• Expert knowledge of PAYE and other payroll legislation.
• Previous experience of managing a team including performance monitoring, appraisals, recruitment and workflow management responsibilities.
• Ideally experience of managing people and processes within a payroll environment; previous pensioner payroll experience would be an advantage.
For a full Job Profile about this role, to apply, or for a confidential discussion please contact me.